- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ⅓ cups water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 skor bars, broken into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter inside of springform pan.
2. Crust: Combine crumbs, butter, and brown sugar in small bowl. Press into pan and up 1" of pan. Refrigerate.
3. Filling: Beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Add sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs. Mix in lemon juice and vanilla.
4. Pour into crust. Bake until cake rises at 1/2 inch over rim (about 1 hr 15 minutes). Cool on rack. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 6 hours.
5. Topping: Heat sugar and water in heavy saucepan over low heat. Stirring until sugar dissolves, increase heat and boil without stirring until mixture is rich caramel color (about 8 minutes). Reduce heat very low. Add cream (mixture will bubble up). Stir until smooth. Mix in butter, cool slightly and add vanilla.
6. Cut around sides of pan with small sharp knife. Release pan sides. Pour 2/3 cups caramel sauce into center of cake. Cover remaining sauce let stand at room temp. Chill cake until topping is almost set, about 2 hours.
7. Topping: Whip 3/4 cup cream with 2 T sugar until peaks form. Spoon into pastry bag with star tip. Pipe cream around edge of pie. Arrange toffee pieces in whipped cream border. Refrigerate until serving.
8. Cut cake into wedges. Serve, passing remaining caramel sauce.