- ¾ lbs. ground turkey breast
- ¾ lbs. ground round
- ⅓ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- Cooking spray
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Madeira wine or dry sherry
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed French onion soup (such as Campbell's)
Combine first 4 ingredients.
Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
Add patties; cook 6 minutes or until browned, turning after 3 minutes.
Remove patties from pan; keep warm.
Stir in water and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; add patties.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Uncover and cook until wine mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes).
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 patty and 2 tablespoons sauce)
Nutritional information per serving
CALORIES 210 (25% from fat); FAT 5.9g (sat 2g,mono 1.9g,poly 0.8g); IRON 2.4mg; CHOLESTEROL 64mg; CALCIUM 38mg; CARBOHYDRATE 10g; SODIUM 621mg; PROTEIN 27.4g; FIBER 0.9g