- 1-2 zucchini
- ½ quart seasoned flour
- ½ quart corn starch
- 2 ½ cups soda water
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- japanese Panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon choppsed fresh parsley (or 2 t. dried)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Wash and remove stems of zucchini.
2. Cut zucchini in 6 strips.
3. Make batter: measure soda water in bowl; combine dry ingredients and incorporate with whisk. Should be like thin pancake batter.
4. Dip each slice in batter and allow to drip off slice.
5. Dip zucchini into Japanese breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs to coat well.
6. Carefully place on tray to wait for frying. Do not overlap.
7. Fry breaded strips in 350 degree oil until crisp and golden; drain on napkin lined with papertowel.
8. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and sprinkle with parmesan.
9. Serve with Lemon Sauce**see below.
1. Combine mayo, lemon juice, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne, and mustard with a whisk.
2. Let chill for an hour to soak up seasoning. Add olive oil to thin if needed.