- 8 ounces kielbasa, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 onions chopped, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 can chicken broth, (14.5 ounces)
- 1 large baking potato, (about 12 ounces) peeled and ccut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 bag frozen corn, (1lb)
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh dill, for garnish
1.Heat a deep skillet or a wide 4- to 6-quart pot over medium-high heat. Add the kielbasa and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2.Add the onions and butter to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes Add the broth and potato and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer until the potato is tender, about 10 minutes. Add the half-and-half and corn and cook, stirring, until heated through.
3.Using a blender or food processor, puree 1 cup chowder until smooth. Stir the puree back into the chowder along with the browned kielbasa and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with the dill.