- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese,
- 2 cups cheddar, shredded
- ½-1 cup green onion, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, (optional)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1-2 loaves French, Italian or Ciabatta
1 In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
2 Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread. Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3 Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.